Monday 22 February 2016

WALKING IN THE LIGHT OF GOD

How to Walk in the Light as God is in the Light 
How to Put on the Armor of Light
How to Put on the Lord Jesus Christ!
(1 John 1:7; Romans 13:12,14 and other related scriptures)


Walk in the Light as God is in the Light; How is God in the Light?

The Bible says, "but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7). 
Many teach that "walking in the Light" means to walk in a way that is consistent with the scriptures. This is true. The scriptures are a light to our path. Walking in the Light is also a reference to living lives that are pure and separated from evil. I am not denying that at all. 
However, we also have a promise here of having fellowship with Him and of continually being cleansed. The condition for these things is that we have to, "walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light" (1 John 1:7).



If we are to walk in the Light as He is in the Light, we need to ask an important question. How is He in the Light? We need to know this because we are to walk in the Light in the same way as He is in the Light. 
Begin by noticing that the word ‘Light,’ in 1 John 1:7, is capitalized. Light is capitalized because the Light we are to walk inside is God Himself. By this alone it is clear that the meaning must include more than "live your life according to the light of the scriptures." Two verses before 1 John 1:7, the Bible says that "God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5). 
The scriptures tell us how it is that God is in the Light by saying, "He wraps himself in light as with a garment" (Psalm 104:1 NIV). Since we are to "walk in the Light as He is in the Light" and we know that He "wraps Himself" with Light, we should do the same. 
When you live your life continually wrapping yourself in His Light you have fellowship with God and He continually cleanses you from all sin (1 John 1:7). You have fellowship with Him because you are walking inside the presence of the person of the Holy Spirit, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all" (2 Cor. 13:14).
By trusting God to cleanse you with His radiant Light, you don’t have to worry about not being clean enough to draw near. The washing of God is real. Thank Him until you find freedom to believe that His Lightis burning away any reason to feel dirty before Him.

The command to put on Light implies a promise that wearing His Light is realistic, and right, for all of us. However, since we receive the Holy Spirit by faith, walking in the light requires that we believe Jesus is a fountain of Light. Jesus said we have to, "believe in the light, in order that you may become sons of light" (John 12:36). We have to believe or we cannot receive the the Holy Spirit (Gal. 3:14).


Don't make the mistake of thinking of Him as just being light. Think about the Light you are putting on and wearing as the person of the Holy Spirit!
The Bible tells us to "put on the armor of light" (Romans 13:14a). It also says, "but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7). If you are walking in the Light, you have also put on the armor of light.


Of Light and Being Protected by God
Notice the direct relationship between light, God being our defender, and entering the throne room to stand before the Lord.
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread...My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock (Psa. 27:1-5).

When you draw near to Him trust His radiant light to be your strong armor. Let His glory be your rear guard (Isa. 58:8), by trusting His light to shine right through you and protect your back side also.
If you are convinced in your heart that God is a fountain of light, then you can be confident. When you enter the throne room, you will put on light and walk in it. You will walk in the light because of the light He shines at you from His face: "the Light...of the glory of God in the face of Christ." (2 Cor. 4:6b). The Bible also tells us, "How blessed are the people...O Lord, they walk in the light of Your countenance. In Your name they rejoice all the day...For You are the glory of their strength" (Psalm 89:15-17a).
Enjoy His Light upon you as your protection, but think of the light as the person of the Holy Spirit.
 I am praying for the Lord's abundant blessing on your efforts to direct your heart toward Him.















1 comment:

  1. An amazing testimony on how i conceive and also get  cure from my  fibroid permanently with his natural herbs , i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Dr Onokun has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Dr Onokun, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Dr Onokun for your own testimony on: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com Or WhatsApp: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete